You can find the detailed information about all Visa and Migration Regulations issues on the https://en.mvd.ru/ or http://www.russia.org.cn/cn/
If you leave Yaroslavl even for a day (for example, if you visit Moscow, Saint Petersburg or other cities), you must apply for a registration again and visit the University Visa Department within 1 working day after the arrival.
Each time you cross the border (first time or not) means, that you get a new migration card. Each time you need to (re)apply for registration.
At the border before getting a migration card, tell a border officer that the purpose of your travel is «studies» («ucheba» in Russian). When you get a migration card, check the purpose. You can’t change the migration card later, which means you will need to travel back and cross the border again.
You have 1 working day to apply.
Documents for registration:
Filled form of notification of arrival of a foreign citizen.
- Copies of all pages of the passport
- Copy of the migration card
- Copy of the contract with the dormitory (the first and the last pages)
Have you lost your migration card or registration paper? Inform the Visa Support Office right away.
- a. Are you going abroad or visiting other Russian cities? When you come back to Kaliningrad, you need to renew registration — see step 3
- b. Have you stayed in the hospital? Take registration in the hospital for the period of your stay there and renew your registration — see step 3
- c. Are you staying in the hotel? Take registration in the hotel for the period of your stay there and renew your registration — see step 3.
Violation of the migration law means Disciplinary punishment + Administration fine (with possible deportation).
Fill the application form
Submit a scan of the first page of the passport (The expiration date of the passport must be + 1.5 years from the date requested for the student visa) and filled form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Does your visa expire before your studies end? Don’t forget then to apply to the Visa Support Office to prolong it. Apply 45 days in advance.
Collect required documents:
- Form of notification of arrival of a foreign citizen.
- Filled visa application form.
- Copies of filled pages of the passport of a foreign citizen/ stateless person (2 packages).
- 2 copies of the migration card.
- 2 photos 3×4 (matte).
- 2 copies of the registration.
- Copy of the contract with the dormitory (the first and the last pages.
- Payment of state duty for a visa — 1600₽.
- Passport (original).
Tel.: +7 980 651 83 89
Address: Administrative building, 150031 Yaroslavl, Uglicheskaya st. 72